Here is a list of the current options for the greeting you will find on the handy build a ceremony form.
1. Officiant: Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God, and in the presence of these witnesses, to join together this man, ____________ and this woman, ____________ in holy matrimony; which is an honorable estate, instituted of God. It is therefore not to be entered into unadvisedly but reverently and after much consideration. Into this holy estate these two persons come now to be joined.
3. Officiant: We are honored and grateful to be present here today to witness the sacred vows of marriage between __________ and ___________, who were brought together by love’s divine appointment and we rejoice with them in this moment of mystical matrimony.
5. Officiant: Dearly beloved, we have come together in the presence of God to witness and bless the joining together of this man and this woman in holy matrimony. The bond and covenant of marriage was established by God. Therefore marriage is not to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly, but reverently and deliberately. Into this holy union ____________ and ____________ now come to be joined. If any of you can show just cause why they may not lawfully be married, speak now; or else forever hold your peace.
6. Officiant: Dearly beloved, we are gathered together to witness the uniting of ____________ and ____________ , who present themselves before God, seeking the sacrament of Holy Marriage.
7. Officiant: I welcome you to this holy moment in the lives of ____ and _____ as we witness their exchange of marriage vows, the precious beginning of a lifetime commitment.
8. Officiant: We are gathered here today to unite this man ____________ and this woman ____________ in the bonds of matrimony.
9. Officiant: Dearly Beloveds and Honored Guests: We are gathered here today in the sight of God and the company assembled to witness the exchange of marriage vows. Marriage is an institution ordained by God and is not to be entered into lightly or in jest and only after much consideration.
11. Officiant: (Outdoor Setting) We are gathered here in God’s presence, amid the beauty of God’s creation, to witness the exchange of this couple’s marriage vows, a public declaration of the commitment that they have already shared with one another privately.
By "Avary" Michelle Avary